B Fitness Yoga
by Brandy Burkett
- Blends movement designed to increase mobility with the Uplifted Hatha Vinyasa style of yoga, linking breath with movement while prioritizing length in the spine
- Offers small classes, providing for more one-on-one instruction and modifications for all levels
- Helps improve flexibility, strength, endurance, and balance
- Reduces stress and aids relaxation
- Builds mind-body awareness
- Emphasizes proper body alignment to build a strong core and a healthy spine
The goal of yoga is not the pose, nor is it about being flexible. The goal of yoga is to work to find a balance between strength and flexibility and effort and ease in the present moment. The word yoga means to yoke or unite, focusing on uniting the mind and body by connecting the
breath with movement through physical postures (asanas) to align the body. Daily life is often overscheduled and busy, making it difficult to find time to pause and be present in the moment.
Yoga is an opportunity to find that pause, to reconnect mind and body.
Benefits of Yoga for Martial Arts
In daily life we are often in linear positions, sitting at desks or in cars. Even many forms of exercise such as running or lifting weights move our bodies in only one or two planes of movement and yoga is no exception—many traditional yoga poses are linear patterns of
movement. These traditional forms of exercise can be beneficial supplements to martial arts training, but they often fail to move the body through its full range of movement, as martial arts requires. Martial arts training asks our bodies to move in every direction possible and in Jiu-Jitsu, it is often with the addition of another person’s weight. To help prepare the body for martial arts training, B Fitness Yoga blends mobility-enhancing movements with traditional yoga poses that complement and improve martial arts movements and techniques.
Private Yoga Sessions Available
Private Yoga sessions allow one to dive deeper into yoga, beyond a group class setting. In personalized yoga sessions, Brandy can work with you in a one-on-one setting to determine your goals and design a yoga program designed specifically to meet your needs.